1. When selecting a saxophone, the customer should carefully observe the appearance to see whether the paint is uniformly coated and whether there are concave-convex parts.
2. The key pad has moulage or not and it is tightly covered or not.
3. The fastener on the resonator should be precisely connected to the center of the tone hole.
4. The flexibility degree of the mechanical parts should also be checked.
5. The tension of the spring is appropriate or not.
6. The operator should also check whether there is gap between the key column and the connecting rod.
7. The pitch accuracy should be examined. The pitch difference between two tones should not exceed 10.
1. The reed to be used by the saxophone is taken out from the folder or box. Superpose the flat surface of the reed on the flat surface of the mouthpiece. The top of the reed is aligned with that of the mouthpiece. The reed is pressed on the mouthpiece with the left thumb.
2. Jacket the mouthpiece with the reed hoop by the right hand. The top edge of the hoop should be over the indicatrix of the mouthpiece. Then, the joint line of the hoop is directed at the middle of the reed.
3. After the reed is well installed, the mouthpiece should be inserted into the neck tube. The air inlet of the mouthpiece should be aligned at the overtone key on the neck tube.
4. The installed neck tube is plugged into the main tube and then the operator should tightly screw up the screws on the upper part of the main tube.
5. Prior to ensemble, this musical instrument is tuned with the standard A sound. When sound is tuned, the alto type plays F# and tenor type plays B key. If the pitch is low, the mouthpiece should be inserted into the cork of the neck tube in a greater depth. If the pitch is high, the mouthpiece should be pulled out of cork of the neck tube to an appropriate extent until the proper pitch is achieved.
1. After the saxophone is played, if the key pad is dampened, the player should clamp the absorbent paper between the key pad and tone hole. In the case that there is residual moisture, the key pad will be hardened, reducing its operation life.
2. The moisture within the body can be removed by inserting the cleaning swab from the bell mouth and pulling it out from the junction part of the neck tubes.
3. The fingerprints and sweat on the body surface should be frequently rinsed with cleaning cloth. The part between different key columns and low part of the connecting rod should be cleaned up with the health cotton swab.
4. The cleaning agent should be selected in line with the raw materials and color of the saxophone.
5. The overtone hole is very small. Thus, it is easy to be blocked and should be regularly cleaned.
6. After playing this product, the player should detach the reed and place it into the folder. Use the cleaning swab to clean moisture in the mouthpiece and neck tube.
7. If this musical instrument is played everyday, then the mouthpiece should be cleaned everyday.
8. Every week, the player should check the screws fastening the connecting rod. If these screws become loose, then they should be screwed tightly.
9. Each month, the connecting rod of each key should be applied with the saxophone lubricating oil in an appropriate amount.
10. Every year, this musical instrument should be given overall maintenance in the relevant maintenance center.
Hello, please leave your name and email here before chat online so that we won't miss your message and contact you smoothly.